Blog Post #1

 About Me!!

    My name is Tori Soliz, I am 20 years old and working to finish my bachelor's degree in literature/ media and Culture at Florida State University. I am originally from South Florida and have always lived in Florida, so Florida State was my first choice for school GO NOLES!! I am excited to finish my degree here and go into the teaching field. Some of my favorite hobbies include working out, hanging with friends, and also when I have time I like to paint.


Prior Experiences using Technology.

    Throughout school, I have used Technology in many of my classes, for example at the community college I transferred from I took a course already about education which was Introduction to Education. In this course, we used different platforms to create projects and weekly assignments like using PowerPoint Microsoft, and Word. While using PowerPoint I was able to play around with it and create interesting slides that had Venn diagrams, videos, and images. This is my first time making a blog post, so I am looking forward to this course this semester to help me get more advanced in technology.


Personal Learning Networks.

Although I just recently transferred to FSU I have tried to branch out and find some more personal learning networks to help me. In community college, I have previously used their library resources and network so at Florida State I have been to the library here to help me with research. Another Key resource offline that has helped is sharing ideas with classmates this helps me see other perspectives of classwork readings. To stay organized in my class I try to use an agenda or Google calendar with all my dates of assignments due. I am hoping longer I am here I can be able to find more personal learning networks. 




Comments

  1. Hey Tori! I am also from Florida although I was originally a UF fan... On another note, my PLN is also similar in the fact that I use an agenda almost every day whether it is in the notes app on my phone or in a physical planner. I think it's super cool that you like to paint! I love finding relaxing ways to unwind and lately I have enjoyed gem art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also transferred from a community college and took "Intro to Teaching" while I was there! In my course, we didn't do any projects using Microsoft Office but I did learn so much about the education field.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 6

Blog Journal 2